Norton Park, Whyalla
A new shelter and picnic facilities.
Terrain Group was part of a selected pricing request by Whyalla City Council for the redevelopment of Norton Park. Project scope included supply and installation of a 6x4m skillion roof shelter, dual plate BBQ in stainless steel, drinking fountain with integrated dog bowl and 2 picnic settings, all set on a new concrete pad.
Terrain Group are proud to have been the successful contractor and soon thereafter we attended a pre-works meeting to discuss methodologies and time frame for works.
We were quick to mobilise onsite within days, with temporary fencing erected around the perimeter, allowing base preparation to commence safely.
The Moreton Bay shelter is modern, sleek and sturdy. The anodised aluminium construction, combined with a Versiclad Insulated roof makes it extremely durable.
In the harsh Australian sun, the airflow that an open-wall shelter provides, with the thermal protection of an insulated roof, offers a surprisingly comfortable and cool shelter solution, for even the hottest days outdoors.
This shelter can be supplied in the impressive TimberMatch finish too, giving it the great appearance and textured feel of wood, but without the constant maintenance.
Available with optional screening to reduce glare and direct sun, as shown above.
Monaco Table Setting
Elegant, strong and stunning, the Monaco Aluminium Table Setting is suitable for parks and gardens.
Guaranteed to stay beautiful for years to come, it is built to withstand all weather conditions.
Constructed with extruded aluminium planks and powdercoated frame and legs, complete with stainless steel anti-vandal fixings.
The cylindrical Slimline fountain is ergonomically designed and available with an integrated dog bowl.
The unique design will keep the visitors refreshed.
Our high quality manufacturing process and finishes ensure the fountain offers superior vandal and corrosion resistance.
Engineered for safety
Engineered for maximum durability, our shelters have a minimum post foot print to allow for easy access to our table settings and maximum view of the surrounding zones and playspaces. Perfect for picnics and keeping an eye on the kids in the playground.
Interested in the Moreton Bay shelter and need it customised to suit your project? We can help.
Scope of works
- Supply and install Terrain Elements Moreton Bay Shelter, in 6x4m specification, featuring structural grade aluminium construction, flange style or posts, versiclad-style roofing material. Versiclad is a insulated style roofing material designed to keep the areas under shaded surface cooler in hotter months.
- Supply and install 2 x matching front screens to the high side of the shelter structure
- Supply and install a vandal-resistant slimline drink fountain with dog bowl and connect water supply from adjacent take-off
- Dig 45m x 600mm deep trench for power for lighting to the shelter and BBQ units
- Supply and install 1 x double stand-alone BBQ with extended top and dual plates, in stainless steel finish.
- Supply and install 2 x LED lights over the top of the picnic settings to illuminate the area until 10pm. Run lighting conduit through the post and roofing material or on the underside of the roofing sheet, to keep out of sight.
- Supply and install 2 x Monaco Table Settings
Terrain Group commenced works on site with the assistance of various local approved contractors.
What our client has to say
Speaking with Samuel Bourne, Project Manager Landscape at Whyalla City Council, he said:
“We chose your shelter and picnic settings because they are strong and robust, while still looking very nice. It was great to put the electrical conduit for the lights up inside one of the shelter’s supporting poles, out of site and out of mind of any potential acts of vandalism.
We chose the BBQ based on superior structural strength, energy efficiency and wheelchair access.
We are very happy with the final outcome.”