Shade plays an important role in planning an urban space and environment. It offers protection from harsh UV rays, sun, rain and also gives a sense of security.
From parks and public precincts to bus stops, shelters are becoming increasingly popular as shade provision. In fact, they’re often used as a destination shade–that is, where the shaded area is the focal point of the urban environment.
Terrain Group offers an extensive range of shelters and can assist from design and planning to deliver and install.
Some of the benefits of using a shelter in an urban space are:
- Weather protection
- Destination shelter making it a more attractive space to gather
- Grouped with picnic activities facilitates gatherings of family & friends
- Sense of safety and security within a space
- Located to optimise existing shade offered by trees
- Potential rainwater collection
An extensive range of shade options with the Capricorn.
The Capricorn Shelter is the ultimate, classic sloping roof-style shelter, perfectly suited to any urban precinct.
The Capricorn Shelter offers:
- Versatility of shelter size options and larger coverage area
- Structurally engineered
- Aesthetically pleasing design with clean architectural lines
- A tough anodised aluminium construction offering durability
- Plenty of customisation options such as decorative high side screening
- A shelter that meets extreme cyclonic ratings
- Choice of anodised aluminium colours to choose from
- Choice of ground fixing options available
The perfect foliage canopy
Also available is the Capricorn Arbor Shelter, an open roof design that perfectly suited as a foliage canopy, for example. Its tough structure means it can withstand the moisture and exposure to the elements that a canopy would experience, typically leaving a timber structure with a very short lifespan.
Turn your shelter into a destination with our range of must-have park products.
We are often asked which products go well with others to create a suite that looks great and adds functional user value to a particular outdoor space.
From bench seating and tables to drinking fountains and bin enclosures, we can assist with the planning and advice on complementary products for your shelter project.
For more information contact us or read about our 5 must-have park products.
Rob Harding, Secretary, Rotary Club of Somerton Park said:
“I have, over the years, dealt with many companies, and I know when I see good customer service. Terrain Group know actually how to service clients very, very well! We had a hassle free installation.”
Bill, Holdfast Bay Council said:
“Terrain Group did an awesome job along the North Esplanade with the shelters. The site looks superb, especially the finishing touches like the paving and tidying up. The shelters look fantastic.”
Need a quick CAD file?
Our extensive library of CAD files can bring your concept to life. Request your shelter CAD files today.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Terrain Group.